Environmental law aims to protect the environment and natural resources. It encompasses a broad range of issues related to the environment, including air and water quality, land use development, conservation of natural resources, and the management of hazardous waste.
As your environmental attorney, it is our goal is to help you navigate through California’s complex legal landscape of environmental law and policy.
Our Environmental Legal Services
Austin Legal Group represents a variety of developers and individuals in obtaining permit approvals and adopting pro-active compliance strategies. Our common environmental legal services include:
- Advising clients on environmental regulatory compliance for project development
- Performing environmental due diligence and assisting in risk management
- Defending clients charged with environmental violations by the state and the federal government
- Defending projects against third-party environmental challenges and appeals
- Negotiating and drafting contracts related to environmental compliance and sustainability
- Collaborating with other professionals to conduct and complete environmental impact assessments and other project-related analyses
Our expertise in environmental matters is full spectrum. These areas include:
- Air, Water and Waste Permits
- Mining, Mineral Rights, and Reclamation
- Environmental Compliance and Enforcement
- Remediation and Development of Contaminated Properties
- Federal and Tribal Lands
- Cultural Resources and Historic Properties
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Hazardous Waste
- Land Use and Zoning Issues (CUPs and Coastal Development Permits)
- Endangered Species Act
- CEQA Compliance and Exemptions
- NEPA Compliance
- Multiple Species Conservation Plan
- Environmental Impact Reports
- Clean Water Act
- Coastal Act
As governmental agency restrictions and review have become more rigorous, the importance of experienced advice has increased. As part of our legal consulting services we assist developers and property owners navigate through the maze of requirements of the state and federal environmental statutes. When necessary we negotiate with regulatory agencies and interested civic groups.
We use our knowledge and experience to develop effective solutions specifically tailored for the environmental risks specific to each client’s project and help obtain project approval and maintain compliance.