Gina Austin is the founder and managing partner of Austin Legal Group and is the head of the company’s Cannabis, Securities and Corporate and Land Use Departments. Gina brings a wealth of practical experience and knowledge to her practice and clients as a result of her broad range of experience during her 25-year career.
Prior to starting Austin Legal Group, Gina was the General Counsel for California Vision, Inc., a start-up company in the water conservation space. Prior to joining California Vision, Gina was an associate attorney at Worley, Schwartz, Garfield and Prairie focusing on land use projects related to master planned communities, zoning, redevelopment, and environmental issues.
Currently, Gina represents public and private companies in a variety of corporate transactions including strategic planning, public offerings, private equity, debt offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and other general corporate matters. Gina’s clients include companies from the following sectors: cannabis, technology, health and wellness, agricultural, real estate development, manufacturing, renewable energy and digital assets.
In addition to her focus on general corporate and securities transactions, Gina’s extensive experience with the legal cannabis industry allows her to counsel her clients on regulatory affairs and compliance matters, intellectual property licensing, and M&A activity. Gina is also the founder of ALG Strategies, a cannabis consulting firm that assists prospective and existing cannabis license holders through the complex application, licensing, and permitting process both at state and local levels.
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, member of the Public Policy Committee and Cannabis working group
- National Cannabis Industry Association, member
- California Cannabis Industry Association, member
- International Cannabis Bar Association, member
- San Diego County Bar Association, member Land Use Law and Business & Corporate Law Sections
- J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, Cum Laude
- M.A., San Diego State University
- B.A., San Diego State University
Bar & Court Admissions: